Are you tired of applying creams to your face, aware that only a meniscal amount of the expensive creams are absorbed? Tired of ‘maintenance procedures’ such as Botox injections and injectable fillers. They do help but quickly their effects disappear. Unlike these injectable treatments, a Stem cell facelift does not add volume. Instead, proponents say, it encourages the body to produce more collagen, in turn eliminating lines and wrinkles and producing natural-looking, subtle results. The stem cell facelift, formerly referred to as the Vampire Facelift™, is a non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedure that harnesses the science of stem cells to make the body create more collagen, resulting (proponents say) in younger-looking skin.
We offer stem cell treatments to fill in facial hollows, smooth out wrinkles, and improve the skin’s overall texture and tone. They claim that by doing so they are able to address issues caused by aging, exposure to the sun, and other environmental factors.
We can use the stem cells to treat Alopecia to stimulate hair growth
It can be injected into a painful joints as your knee joint or injected it locally if you have backpain.
Stem Cell Therapy
The easiest way to make the body produce more collagen is to injure the skin, which triggers collagen production to heal the wound. The problem is that the body’s response is normally proportional to the severity of the injury we inflict. Blood contains a number of growth factors (platelets) that are involved in the healing process. When blood is extracted, it is spun twice in the centrifuge to isolate the platelets which are rich in stem cells. The stem cells are then injected into the skin where they are needed the most. Luckily the body producing more collagen than it needs to repair the injection site. The excess collagen fills out the wrinkle and restores smoothness to the skin.
It has no side effects since it uses your body’s own collagen to fill out your wrinkles. Consider this: It uses your natural blood and there are no allergic reactions. The therapy can take some time to work, but the results are well worth it.
Since it is done using your body’s own platelets, PRP therapy has no chance of rejection. However, since the platelets are delivered by sticking a needle into your scalp, some redness and swelling around the injection site is not uncommon and you may develop a small haematoma beneath the skin. Once the injection is given, science takes over as the trauma releases a large amount of growth factors and the healing kicks in.
It can take a few sessions for the full effect to be realized. The general rule is once you are 45 years old, anticipate at least three treatment for good results.
What to expect with the Vampire face lift treatment
- Firstly we take a photograph and then apply a thick layer of anaesthetic cream on your face
- Then we place a butterfly needle into your arm and draw at least 60 ml’s of blood. I believe the more blood we draw, the more stem cells we get!
- The blood is spun twice in a centrifuge for about 25 minutes until we have concentrated platelets with countless stem cells.
- We wipe the anaesthetic cream from your face
- Firstly we use about 2 ml’s of stem cells concentrate and inject the wrinkles that bothers you the most. It is very similar to having a hyaluronic filler injected into your wrinkles. This is vital as the stem cells will speed the collagen synthesis beneath the wrinkle.
- Secondly we paint your face with the stem cell concentrate and use a Dermapen to create patterns of controlled injury that heal quickly but drive the PRP into the skin. It allows the stem cells to enter the skin, to release the various growth factors and other beneficial components of the stem cells. For this, I will use about 5 ml’s of the stem cells concentrate.
Plexr/Accor has been used in Italy since 1974. The treated area is carbonized using the plasma beam without damaging the deeper skin or muscle. The tissue is vaporized and the pin size (0.06 mm.) wound leaves no scars or bleeding. The results of the Plexr/Accor are immediately visible but it has a downtime of at least about 1 week until the tiny scabs falls from the skin.
It stimulates the deeper skin layers to allow the production of new collagen and elastin fibers. The number of treatments depends on the degree of excess skin, the complexity of the problem and your individual needs.
Which areas can be treated?
PLEXR is especially suited to tighten the sagging eyelids or the ‘eyebags,’ and to remove skin lesions.
It is easy to remove warts but larger lesions may needs more frequent treatments. It also treats sunspots, scarring including stretch marks, acne and post-surgical scars.
What can I expect?
Numbing cream is applied thickly to the skin and left for at least 60 minutes to make the procedure more comfortable.
Multiple plasma arc dots are spaced closely to each other when we tighten the upper or lower eyelids or the skin adjacent to a wrinkle.
The procedure normally takes less than 30 minutes to perform. The best appearance is seen after 3 – 6 weeks. 3 treatments at 6 weekly intervals are often required.
What is the downside?
There have been occasional reports of temporary post-treatment hyper pigmentation. (Darkening of skin) My advice it to avoid sunlight for at least 1 month. Swelling is common and often lasts several days and can be quite significant around the eyes. The area will often be red and warm immediately after the procedure and can be quite tender for a few days. Crusting develops and it is important to keep this clean and dry. Mineral make-up may be applied.
Plexr treatment immediately after treatment and 6 days later. Notice the shrinkage of the eyelid.
Plexr has a wide range of therapeutic uses, being able to treat a number of imperfections without any actual cutting of the skin. It can be used for:
- Skin imperfections and benign lesions, including warts, fibromas, pigmentation and sun spots.
- Improvement in the appearance of scarring, including post-surgery scars, acne scars and stretch marks.
- Lines and wrinkles around the mouth.